Monday, July 24, 2006

more from the wrecking ball

The Pittsburgh Penquins are announcing the re-signing of Mark Recchi. Gee, I guess I was wrong to think that when Mario Lemieux retired the team would stop signing his old buddies and has-beens. Don't get me wrong, Recchi was a solid member of the 1991 cup team but does he really fit the current team? When will 2/3 of the Pittsburgh professional sports team let go of the past? I guess it's only a matter of time before the Pirates announce the signing of George Hendrick...

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, I'm glad to hear the news. I'm not saying Recchi can singlehandedly save the team, nor can he be expected to, but with all the youngsters abounding, maybe he can do something in the way of leadership and training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home